PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Question about moving layers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Josh138

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Question about moving layers Reply with quote

Hello everyone Wave
I've been using Photoshop for many years now with no real training, and I'm able to do just about anything I want with it, but there has been one problem that I just can't seem too figure out. I'm hoping one of you might know what I'm dong wrong.

When I'm working with multiple layers, and I'm moving them about trying to get them to line up they appear to be moving in increments. I can't get them to smoothly move about the picture. I'll attempt to drag a layer and it will hop little sections at a time. I can't tell you how frustrating this has been! LOL

I would find it hard, if not impossible to believe that there is no way around this. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

~Josh

weaponx

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having a hard time understanding your question but if iam guessing right you can use CTRL and the arrow keys so move in small steps and use SHIFT and the arrow keys to move large steps.

Josh138

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaponx wrote:
I am having a hard time understanding your question but if iam guessing right you can use CTRL and the arrow keys so move in small steps and use SHIFT and the arrow keys to move large steps.

I'll give that a shot. Based on your reply I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

I just tried it, and noticed something that I hadn't before. When I'm moving the layers somewhere in the middle of the pic they move freely, but if I move them too close to the border/edge of the pic they will "skip", and move over to the border. If that makes any sense. Thanks for your reply.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View ->Snap (Uncheck)

or CTRL+Shift+;

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Josh138

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. That is exactly what it was. I knew there had to be some setting that I was missing. I've been makingasked to make alot of custom smileys for a friends website, and since I'm working with such small pics everything is a border! Very frusterating...

Here's my first one, a Special Ed from Crank Yankers inspired smilie : )

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done. Glad that was it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: