PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY COLORS IN PHOTOSHOP!! HELP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

lolazoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY COLORS IN PHOTOSHOP!! HELP Reply with quote

ok, so the problem is that i just re-formatted my computer and reinstalled photoshop and everytihg. BUT now, whenever i open a file in photoshop ( ihave CS4 by the way, the colors get completely skewed. I can kind of describe it as, the image kinda gets darker, and sometimes a red-ish tone is added. but then, when i save the picture again and open it outside of photshop, the colors are much LIGHter than the original picture.
>I tried changing the color preferences but no luck.
>I also tried installing photoshop 7.0 which is what i used to use (and it had always worked fine) but encountered the exact same problem)
>I did a windows update, to update my video card or whatever, but it didnt work..thought im not sure i did it rite :)
>the only thing that DOES semi work is when i go to VIEW>>proof setup and i cahnge it so that the profile is samsung ICM profile , and then the display of the picture turns normal, and when you save then view its normal too. HOWEVER, this isnt a real fix because when i use the color sampler the colors shown are still the bad wierd ones.

PLEASE if ANYONE can help me i would realllly really appreciate it!!! i am going CRAZY and i cant do ANYTHING on photoshop with this wierd problem.

bad.JPG
 Description:
This is what happens once i open it in photoshop
 Filesize:  22.77 KB
 Viewed:  323 Time(s)

bad.JPG

Marilyn%20Monroe.jpg
 Description:
This is the original
 Filesize:  22.34 KB
 Viewed:  323 Time(s)

Marilyn%20Monroe.jpg

Pyrotechx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Color Reply with quote

I am having this same problem, and I have yet to come up with the solution. The only thing I can even think of is the fact I installed a different driver for my monitor, which is actually the OEM driver... so I dont know why it would mess only photoshop up. there has to be another solution for this, and ill keep tinkering around and reply back here if I find out anything that would be helpful.

noforgivin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Are you a nvidia user.
2. Have you turned up digital vibrance by any chance..?

lolazoi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noforgivin: no, i am not a nvidia user, my graphic card is Intel
and also im not sure what digital vibrance is XP lool
Pyrotechx: yay, someone else with the same problem, lol, i've actually read up on this on the photoshop website, http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb404898
they provide some good information about the graphic cards and stuff and they even have a downloadable file that forces CS4 to enable the GPU thing....it might work for you :) unfortunately. it didnt work for me...
I installed the newest version of the Intel driver and its supposed to work but i read somewhere that photoshop still uses ur old graphics card or whatever so should i try uninstalling then reinstalling photoshop and see if it works? i am no expert at this at alll and im just tinkering and reading around to see if i can fix it... what will i do without photoshop!! lol
once again, if anyone can help me that'd be great !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: