PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Logo Artists Needed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

brodeur235

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Logo Artists Needed Reply with quote

If you're interested, I need a logo created for my new site. I haven't coded anything yet so its format is flexible. I like to design the site around the logo. It can be a fixed size that will be centered across the top of the page, or it can span the entire width of the resizable browser. If you design a logo in the latter format, please provide small padding images for the edges or center. This site's logo is a good example of this type of logo. Either wayis great, other ideas are welcome. If I like your work and you want moderator status at codecabinet.net, it's yours. All input is appreciated,

Brodeur235

P.S. I also like abstract backgrounds. Good use of C4Ds, displacements, etc are always good.

Last edited by brodeur235 on Sat May 16, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

MrPhotoXpert

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there what type of logo are you looking for? Please describe colors, fonts etc... I might be up for the job.

brodeur235

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size of the logo should be thin and long. It's not so much a "logo" as it is a banner. It will span the top of the page or be centered there. Design-wise, I'm open to creativity as long as the string "CodeCabinet.net" is clearly visible, whether it's centered on the banner or smaller in the bottom right corner or something like that is up to the artist(s). Color-wise I don't have anything pre-defined in mind. Some things that I've done a mediocre job on my own before which I'm sure people here could do much better with includes a banner which fades around the edges to the same color as the background color, so you can't tell that the logo is a pre-defined image size, it just looks like it's floating there. I've done light designs with light grays and eggshell colors for the background contrasted by sharp black or dark dark gray text. I've done dark site banners which usually involved one main color, but most of my work looked terrible unless I spent hours making it look better-than-noob work. Basically it's open to interpretation. My only requirement is that it's of a general banner size and clearly displays the string "CodeCabinet.net".

If you think you're up to this, you can try to imitate this site's logo:
http://abduzeedo.com/space-lighting-effects-10-steps-photoshop-tutorial
The tutorial on how to make it is on that page. I can't do it because I have an old version of photoshop and my results never look great anyways. A logo that looks like that would be very much appreciated, but again I'm not restricting anyone to just that.

All help is appreciated,

Brodeur235

MrPhotoXpert

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go, I came up with this. It's a little based on the tutorial you gave me. I think it turned out pretty nice. If you like my work and need some more done just contact me trough MSN. colegauthier@hotmail.com

brodeur235

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrPhotoXpert, I love it. It's great. Thanks for taking the time to make it. If you're ever on aim, I've added you. My address is nmpach@hotmail.com. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to talk to you about making banners, logos, etc. As of tomorrow at 3 pm I'm on break and will be available on msn most of the time. I wish I could offer you more than open source programs authored by myself in return. If you like, I'll trade with you: my talent for yours. Thanks for your time,

Brodeur235

MrPhotoXpert

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for taking my design. It was really fun doing this project. Pleasure doing work for you Brodeur235. You can contact me anytime for some more work if you would like. I will be on MSN that time to, today after school.

JSnell

PS Version: CS2

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brodeur235: If you could please post a link to your site whenever you get it up, I would like to see this banner in action. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: