PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Corrupt Photoshop Images
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ImagesAsArt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Corrupt Photoshop Images Reply with quote

I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this problem on but I will ask anyway. I have corrupt Photoshop jpeg & psd files. The psd icons have been changed the jpeg icons are normal. Neither will open. Is there a program that will restore the files. I am Photographer & have a lot of image files that were not affected. It is only 3 folders that have this problem That I have found so far. Thank You.

bluelobster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double-check to make sure that the JPG files end with the file expension .jpg, and the Photoshop files end with .psd. Sometimes my students leave this off and they cannot open the files. Once they change the file name to add the file extension, they can open the file.

connie6121

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left a response for you at SMB, and will try to put something similar here. This sounds to me like a hardware problem of some kind.
Are the problem files stored on an external drive? My computer has lots of issues with those, but I so far have been able to copy files from my external drive to another computer, then copy them to a flash drive, and from there back to my own hard drive, where they become usable.
I know this is a pain, and only a temporary fix. I'm trying to find a more permanent fix, and will pass it on if I do.
Good Luck!
Connie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: