PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Batch Actions - HOW!??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

JMfromTO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Batch Actions - HOW!?? Reply with quote

I have now watched about a dozen tutorials and read 10 different articles all telling me to do different things. I want to apply an action I have created to 300 files. I have never done a batch action before and I have tried a variation of different ways and all have failed.

It seems to come down to saving the file. I can't figure out how to get my images saved. Sometimes they re-write themselves 300 times and I end up with one image. Or I get the "JPG Options" dialog box after the first one and have to cancel.

Do I include a "save" step on the action I am batching or not? If so, what kind of "save"? If not, how does it work?

Can anyone direct me to a video/article on how to do this? Or explain to me how this is done? It seems like a basic common thing that I want to do (do the same thing to a series of images) why is it so complicated?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open an image and record the actions, then go ahead and save the file (anywhere you like) as you normally would with Save As.

When you run this action as a batch make sure you check Override Save As Commands. Checking this box will override the location you recorded, but it will use the save as parameters you used with the action.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: