PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS4 issue
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

KRF

PS Version: photoshop elements 7
OS: Windows Vista 32-bit, and one sexy computer to go with it lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: CS4 issue Reply with quote

mcgirl wrote:
I've been using photoshop cs for a few months now and just upgraded to cs4. I've been having some issues with the tools and wanted to know how to fix them. Here are some examples:
When I'm using the text tool, sometimes it will put a text box in there without me doing anything different. While using the lasso tool, while I'm clicking around something, all of a sudden the start point is not where my cursor is, same with the eraser tool, or line tool. Anything I'm using it's like it has a mind of it's own. It will be working fine for a minute then all of a sudden, the tool is not where my cursor is. Free transform is doing something strange too. While I'm adjusting my box, all of a sudden, the box gets real big or goes off the page. What is going on?? Is there something wrong with the CS4 I just bought? Thanks for your help!

I know this may sound silly, but before you go and change setting in CS4, try testing your mouse, is it a roller ball type or a lasir mouse, if the first one try cleaning it, if the second one try putting the mouse on a none reflective serfice.

This may help or may not as I don't know if it is happening to other thing you are doing with your computer, it's just where I would start. hope this helps :)

mcgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a brand new computer and mouse. Just your basic mouse that comes with the computer. I'm not very computer lit and I can't find the library in the hardrive that you were mentioning. Can you call my toll free number...877-384-8619? My name is DaNeille.

KRF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgirl wrote:
Well, it's a brand new computer and mouse. Just your basic mouse that comes with the computer. I'm not very computer lit and I can't find the library in the hardrive that you were mentioning. Can you call my toll free number...877-384-8619? My name is DaNeille.

Hi I live in the UK so I can't sorry please tell me are you using windows vista?

KRF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, As I don't know your operating system, I am taking a guess on what you are using, I am guessing windows Vista.

so if this is right please try doing this:

1.) Go to the "Start" button
2.) Go up to "Computer" once this has opend
3.) Go to the "C" drive open this
4.) Go to "Users" File
5.) you will need to do this before you can see any other files, while in the "Users" File, go to the top of the open window click on "Organize", this will bring a drop down menu, come down to "Folder and Search Options" click this, this will open a new window, you will need to select the "View" Tab, and then check Show hidden Files and Folders" then un-check "Hide extensions for known file types" and "Hide protected operating system tiles (Recommended)" you will get a warning poping up asking you if you are sure about this you will need to click yes, Doing this will alow you to see the files you are wating to go to next in step "6"

6.) Go to [username] "the username will be the loging or account that you have made an login to"
7.) Then to \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Adobe Photoshop CS4 Settings\Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.psp file to Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.old.

8.) Start Photoshop. Photoshop creates a new Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.psp file.

Hope this helps :)

mcgirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm on Vista. But when I go to start, I don't see computer? I'm not real good at all this stuff. Frown

KRF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcgirl wrote:
Yes, I'm on Vista. But when I go to start, I don't see computer? I'm not real good at all this stuff. Frown

ok that's not a problem, I have attched a pic for you to show you where "computer is in the Vista Start menu, or you could tupe computer in to the vista search box that come's up when you go to the start button.

just follow the step's I set you before and this should solve it

salvadore

PS Version: CS5.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try this,
open a folder, any folder, and you should see some where in the window a little magnify glass, I can be to spacific cause I use a MAC! Sorry caps lock got turned on there ;}

So find this icon, or maybe something that says "Search" and type in Photoshop CS4 Settings, or Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.psp,

this "Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.psp" is what you are looking for, trash this and photoshop will create a new file upon restart.

hope this is clear enough

KRF

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there as your working with "salvadore" I'll leave it in his hands to help you out with the rest of the step's

Hope you get it sorted Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: