PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Please help – importing TIFF/PSD to Illustrator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Fitzcarraldo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Please help – importing TIFF/PSD to Illustrator Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have some logos that I need to import to Illustrator. All I have are flattened images, black and white (I did not design the logo myself, they were all given to me and there is no way to get non-TIFF versions of them). I recoloured them in Photoshop and saved the new coloured versions. I have tried EPS, PDF, PSD and TIFF format – whenever I place one in Illustrator, it looks jagged and distorted. Some of the images were RGB, all have been converted to CMYK. All are 300dpi. The logos are logos of sponsors for a music festival, and their logos NEED to be on the poster.

I know I've placed TIFF files without issue in Illustrator before. I don't know what is going on here, but nothing is working. If anyone can please help, I will be very thankful!!!

salvadore

PS Version: CS5.5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, hopefully you have illustrator cs2 or newer, maybe it is in cs, but if you can find the live trace filter, you are in luck,

what you do is place the image in the doc and use live trace to trace the image with vectors,

Try to have images that have good detail, even if they are small, you should still be able to enlarge then after you trace them with out having to much distortion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: