PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Learning retouching for the first time... problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

collinevan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Learning retouching for the first time... problem Reply with quote

I'm trying to learn techniques of photo retouching. I'm working so far with a photo of a landscape taken from a lower quality digital camera. Ideally I'd have a higher quality photo, but I'm just tinkering around so I figured it would be okay to mess with.

You can probably see the problems. I did some healing on glare stuff from the camera, but in the end have this weird discoloration on the water. I can't seem to just clone the water from elsewhere because it's a totally different color. I also did some adjustments with unsharpen mask because it's pretty hazy and blurry, but it looks like I can't get it right. Then I tried to reduce noise, but it's starting to look real jagged and unreal. Other than that I added adjustment layers to contrast the colors, bring out some highlights, and ultimately add a tone to it making it look more stylized or vintage...

it just seems to be going wrong... any guidance? How can I help that water? How can I sharpen the image without making it so noisy and awkward looking?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The adjustment layers are effecting the cloning. Finish making the adjustments and flatten the image, then do the cloning. Or clone before the adjustments.

Locton

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the patch tool this should work well set it to destination make a selection & drag it over the area that needs to be repaired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: