PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need for an automated game tile generation script. =p
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Spidyy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Need for an automated game tile generation script. =p Reply with quote

Hey everybody!

I'm in need for a script (javascript or anything else that work) for generating a game sprite tile from several .png sprites.

My problem is that i'm a zero in photoshop scripting.

So I'm asking if anyone that is skilled with scripting can write me a script that allow me to do this kind of operation. =p

Here is the details :

I'm generating some sprites from Adobe After Effect. The sprites are like explosions, force field effect, shots, etc, for a Shoot'em up game.

After Effect generate each frames of the animation as a .png named with number (from 00000.png to xxxxx.png).

I open all this sprites with photoshop, create a huge tilesheet (a multiple of the sprites size) and Copy/Paste each sprite and place them at the right position.

It give me something like the attached image at the end of the post.

The problem is :

It is freaking long to do. The Snap option of photoshop doesn't snap 100% transparent pixel. I need to manualy add some black pixel at top-left and bottom-right of each sprite before adding it to the tilesheet, then erase the additionnal pixels. It is freaking long and fastidious.

My need is :
A script/automation/don't-know-how-name-it to do the previous operation automatically, just by executing the script and giving the folder containing all the sprites (named from 00000.png to xxxxx.png). The result is the tilesheet opened in photoshop and ready to be modified/saved.

The tilesheet size is 6 sprites width and sprite_number/6 height. For exemple, with 27 sprites, it have 6 sprites width, and 5 sprites Height with 3 sprites only on the last line.

That's it.

If you know about an already existing script doing this stuff or something like this, I'll be gratefull for a link.

Having it writed would be the most appreciated solution (and if it can please you, I can add a thanks for you in my game credits =] ).

At the very least, a link for some good photoshop scripting lessons/tutorial would help me. =p

And in all case, I will be very gratefull for your assistance!

Spidyy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: