PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Pencil Tool error and more
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Iudicious

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Pencil Tool error and more Reply with quote

I just upgraded to Windows Vista 64bit, and since then I've had a number of problems with Photoshop CS4.

To start, I'm having problems with the pencil tool. I'm not quite sure how best I can describe it, so I uploaded a youtube video of the problem with a brief description:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dtntU5MhJs

This problem just started happening today. I restarted my computer and photoshop, and neither helped.

Further, I've been having troubles with brushes. I want to use custom brushes downloaded from deviant art, and it used to be that I could just put the brushes in the brush folder and photoshop would have them up automatically when I used a brush and went to choose a brush set. Now, no matter where I put the brushes, I have to press the "Load Brushes" button and find the brushes individually. Is there any way to fix this?

And, lastly, I've been reading a number of posts and I saw that the resolution to several of them was to delete the preferences folder for photoshop. Well, I thought that that might help me, so I searched for the preferences folder on my computer, and it came up with nothing.

Edit: The first problem has been resolved... I think. I started messing around with some settings that I found by pressing a button on the right of the screen, and I turned off "Dual Brush" and "Color Dynamics", and that seemed to fix it. I don't remember ever even opening that box and putting in those settings though. Is there any way that could have happened without my knowledge?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: