PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
File Size Question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

mborner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: File Size Question. Reply with quote

I downloaded a .jpg graphic off the web with pixel dimensions of 409W X 100H. The file size as it sits on my HD is 7.03k. When I save the file under a different file name, using max .jpeg, the file size jumps to 44.3k. Keep in mind, I've made no edits to the photo at all. I also tried saving the file with the lowest .jpeg compression allowable but the file size gets no smaller than 23.5k and the photo looks hideous. The question I have is, why can't I get the file size as small as the original, and how on gods green earth did the original poster of the pic. get the file size so small?
Oh, and even though one pic. is 7.03k and the other is 44.3k, both of them read exactly the same in the status bar. (119.8k) ??

blpanther

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you save the file,
Did you use Save for Web & Devices?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: