PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help with touching up very old photograph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

tmf123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Help with touching up very old photograph. Reply with quote

Hello,

I am somewhat new to Photoshop CS3 and have been working on a photograph of my aunt who just recently passed away. As you can imagine the photograph was in bad shape but I touched it up and improved on it somewhat.

What I would like to complete with this photograph is to remove the sun damage (shown as shadows running across the photo).

Also if anyone has any other suggestion concerning corrections I would be greatful for your suggestions. Keep in mind that if your suggestion is complex, please include a link to the technique.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Tim

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't spend much time on this, but it should give you the idea. Add two duplicate adjustment layers, one set to screen, one set to multiply. Then use a soft low opacity brush to paint the mask on each to even it out as needed.

I also used some of the curtain from above (copy and paste) to cover the damaged area below the shelf and a little cloning. As you can see I turned it into B&W, but the principle is the same regardless. It just takes time and patience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: