PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
merging images
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

absolutebeginner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: merging images Reply with quote

I am currently using ps cs3 and would like to learn how to merge images, in particular landscape photos using two different exposure. I am not interested in creating HDR images, all I want is to be able to balance the exposure properly, I always shoot in raw and then process post capture. If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are various techniques for blending two images. One is to place each on it's own layer then use a layer mask on each, usually a gradient works best.
Another is to place each on it's own layer, cut off the area from each that you don't want, making sure to leave an excess that will overlap the other layer, then use use Edit-Auto Blend-Layers.

absolutebeginner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for taking the time to post some advise.....sorry it has taken so long to reply my broad band has failed.
I don't mean t be a pain but as a complete novice I have never tied any of these techiniques and never used layer masks or the gradient tool......I wouldn't know where to start. Perhaps I will have to get a book and start reading.
Thanks again.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try looking in your local library. A book on any version of PS will help you learn the basics and then some.

wave of light

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look on ebay or second hand on Amazon for a book called 'How to cheat in Photoshop CS3'. Don't be worried by the title, it's not cheating, it's the basics you'll need before going forward. And don't be worried about it not being CS4, the functions in the book haven't changed that much between CS3 and CS4.

You can also check out the online help files, very useful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: