PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
save selection as-any such thing?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

herbshirt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: save selection as-any such thing? Reply with quote

I create a design in photoshop. Pieces of it i want to arrange in tables, i use grids and guides and snap to guides and the marquee tool etc. To keep the site optimal i don't just want the whole chunk. I make a selection of each piece, then image>crop but of course then the layer styles go out of whack. then i save for web, then back in history (because i obviously don't want it to remain cropped)
Q; is there something like 'Save selection as' or 'Save selection for web' without having to crop and with out using imageready?

thanks
Brad

Moi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i do is i select the widest part of the image and copy (ctrl+c)
then go to new, the imagesize of the image you just copied will be the the size of you new doc if you don't change anything! then simply throw the layers from your document to the document you just opened!
that's the way i sometimes do it! but i don't think that's the way a pro would do it :P ! so keep watching till someone posts a better way! Blush Blush

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can save a selection with the image if thats what you mean, after making your selection go to select/save selection and it will add it to your image if you save as a PSD you can re-select when you reopen the image by going to select/load selection. Wayne

herbshirt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I actually want to export the selection as a jpeg or gif.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can export the selection as a GIF/JPG the only way I could think of is to fill the selection with red (or whatever) then after you have played about with it use the select colour range to re-select the red, you'd have to make sure your using a colour thats not in the rest of the image. Wayne

eMiR

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you copy the selection into another layer then you go to Save As/ and choose .GIF or whatever you know.

rangi500

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:30 am    Post subject: I'm also looking for this Reply with quote

Did anyone ever find an answer to this, that doesn't involve cropping the image or copying and pasting into a new document or layer?

What we're looking for is a way to select part of an image then choose an option like "Save selection for web", which would bring up the usual "Save for web" dialog.

Any help much appreciated!
Rangi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: