PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photography
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

hotdurangochic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Photography Reply with quote

I have just recently discovered the fascination of photography.. my fiance is an airbrush artist and we do a number of events around the nation. We do body paitning at events such as Fantasy Fest in Key West and Mardi Gras in New Orleans. We had been hiring and trading out work with a few photographers both locally and abroad. Well he bought me an awsome camera for Christmas last year and have realized that I love taking pictures. So now onto the photoshop aspect. I am not totally computer challenged but I have attemped to work with photshop on a few occasions with not much luck. Any suggestions, recommendations on how to learn to utilize photoshop to its fullest potential and help me to get my hobby - career off the ground. Thanks

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can look on the internet for tutorials, but it's best to know the basics first, so...

Check the local library and get a book on PS. A book on any version will do, the basics are pretty much the same for all.

hotdurangochic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great thanks for the advice...will get right on it.

jlphotos

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nine books on PS, have used it several years, belong to NAPP, study at least one or two tutorials a week, and just might in 10 years or so become proficient. Processing starts with the camera, now digitally the same as 30 years ago. Gimp is a freebie processor. Any digital camera comes with software that does some. PS is very expensive and takes a lot of time and learning. And to understand digital photography this link might help. http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: