PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do i save snapshots?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

paulyporu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: How do i save snapshots? Reply with quote

I want a quick way to save my progress as a Jpeg. Doing the whole SAVE AS routine is a pain, each time I want to save some small change that Ive made to a file. I tried making an ACTION but it doesnt give a unique name to the file so it keeps saving over the previous one. Is there a quick way to do this?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPG is a lossy format and everytime you make a change and re-save JPG file it degrades.

The bottom line is you shouldn't be doing it this way. Use layers when you make changes then save it as a png file. You don't have to rename it everytime and the changes can always be reversed.

paulyporu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the situation (an example)-

Lets say Im designing a poster- lots pf layers, masking, text, stroked pics, borders etc. Towards the end I need to decide on a final design. But there are lots of tweaks I can make, colors, shadows, text positioning etcs. What i like to do is save 10 to 20 JPEGS of my different tweaked designs and then look at them the next day with fresh eyes. Disregarding WHY I want to do this, is there a quick way (eg a function key or action) that i can save JPEGS without having to do the whole SAVE AS Routine eveytime.

Idealy I would like an action that saves the JPEG to a specific location with a sequential suffix, such that it doesnt save over the previous Jpeg.

Im not interested in creating extra layers as this would take more time than than doing the SAVE AS routine.

I thought this would be a common request but it doesnt seem to be.

kyleko

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can action it out to save the file as a copy so that it doesn't override your original. I don't think you can have it rename the suffix without turning it into a droplet, so your new file will be "file-name copy".

Make a new action. Then go through your "save as" process while recording your action. Check the box in the "save as" menu that says "save as copy".

paulyporu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh i tried that but the "save as a copy" check box disappears when you select JPEG as a file format,

paulyporu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump, any other options
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: