PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HELP: Severe skin tone adjustment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Robin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: HELP: Severe skin tone adjustment Reply with quote

Hi,

This is a bit of a sad and uncomfortable story, but recently I lost my daughter, whose heartbeat stopped at 38 weeks old.

The hospital gave us photographs to help remember her by, but the photographs we received did not look like her. Her clothes/background all came out normally, but her skin tone was severely darkened and saturated looking. It was unclear if this was a problem with the photography or with when they chose to photograph her, and the hospital staff was of little help in fixing or replacing the photos.

Regardless, I'd like to have a photo that more closely matches how I remember her. She had a pale, white-pinkish skin tone. This doesn't need to be exact or anything, just a correction from the very dark, and red-saturated skin tone in the photo.

My husband and I have basic photoshop skills, but we were both unable to successfully adjust the color to anything that looked reasonable.

To give an understanding of what we're starting with and trying to get to, I've attached a very abstracted sample of the original tone (baby-sample.jpg) and a random photo with roughly the target skin tone we're trying to reach.

If anyone here is able to correct this successfully and tell me the steps needed to do so, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide with this extremely difficult task.

--Robin

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss. If you could post the picture itself, I'd have a better chanbe of being able to assist you.

Robin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hawkeye,

Thanks for your help. I'm reluctant to post the picture publicly, but can email it privately if you would be comfortable sending an email address by post or pm.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you a PM with my email address.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our community, Robin. I'm sorry for your loss. Frown Hopefully you'll receive some useful advice here.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: