PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop autoloads on its own
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kahasm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Photoshop autoloads on its own Reply with quote

Hi,
I had this problem once with CS2 Photoshop and unfortunately I do not remember how I resolved it.

Our Office just upgraded to CS3 and now I am having the same issue. Photoshop auto-loads on its own at random intervals. I have closed it 4 times in the past 97 mins. There is nothing blocking or engaging the start/scan button on the scanner (this will load PS if its not already open).

system specs (in case someone asks)
XP home
4gbs of ram
amd quad core 9850
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX
Soundblaster audio
22" LCD monitor.

CS3 has been installed almost 1 month with no issues. This just started this morning at 7am. I didn't turn off my pc last night due to a large file I was exporting from FLEXI to a EPS, only Illustrator was running. All other programs were closed. When I came in and checked on it, photoshop had opened. I closed it thinking ok, maybe i left it running (not likely, but maybe). Immediately after closing it, it reopened. I closed it again, and about 35 mins later it reopened on its own while I was reading my mail.. In fact while posting this message, it opened on me and changed the screeen to PS.

Any ideas whats causing this and or what I can do to resolve it? I do not want to install this all over. That installation took all day.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to check your file associations. It's possible that PS is set to open a file type that you are using for something else.

kahasm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
You might want to check your file associations. It's possible that PS is set to open a file type that you are using for something else.

interesting theory, but just sitting here and nothing is open at desktop, after a cold boot. within a few seconds, photoshop starts up. after start up. and mouse reverts back to a pointer, i close photoshop and it reopens.

i'd like to be able to write a script that prints a message telling me what process started PS when such and such process initiated. or when such and such ran, it initiated PS also.

its something running in the background. at first i suspected another program but after a cold boot, it starts up.

and now to make matters worse, if after PS starts, and i do nothing to it ( i.e. close it or switch to it), no matter what I am looking at on the monitor, after several minutes PS "refreshes and switches to PS window - FORCES itself to be viewed)

im ready to go back to ps2

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look in the startup folder in my programs and see what's there. Then Start-Run type in msconfig and look in the startups there also, uncheck anything you don't need and restart.

kahasm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 5 items in start up:
avast, video driver from nvidia, teatimer from spybot, sygate firewall, acrotray for aodbe acrobat

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the start up folder, or in msconfig?

kahasm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in start up folder, there are no folders, or files of any kind. msconfig shows 5 entries mentioned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: