PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Best PC for CS4?
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

George707

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Best PC for CS4? Reply with quote

A few months back I got CS4 installed on my old HP (2005 model), and everything worked except Illustrator. That didn't install. I'm thinking it could have been because I didn't have XP Service Pack 3.

Anyway, tried to reinstall it, and now it doesn't even install despite properly uninstalling it. I think it maybe because of the DVD-Rom which is messed up. It doesn't play DVD movies, and plays music cd's in a stuttering fashion.

Would it be better to just buy a new PC, and if so, any in particular that I should get? I'm trying to buy one for under $500. Is that too cheap?

Is a pc with Windows 7 and 2-3 GB of RAM the minimum requirements I should be looking for?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The minimum requirements for Photoshop would be on the Adobe site, or on the package your software came in.

Personally, if the computer ran PS before, I wouldn't buy a whole new one just because of a bad drive. Replace the faulty DVD drive and reinstall PS.

If you only have $500 to spend it's not likely you'll be getting anything too much better than what you already own.

George707

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I was going to do replace the rom, but even before Illustrator wouldn't install, everything else did though.

I checked the required specs before and it seemed that my computer met the requirements except for the display which was slightly smaller than 1,024X768.

I'm afraid that even if I replace the DVD-Rom CS4 still won't install completely like the first time.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're computer meets the minimum requirements and you can't install the software, that's an Adobe support issue. You should contact them.
If you already have a computer that meets the requirements, getting a new computer that meets the requirements is no assurance that you'll be able to install the software. What if the disc is bad, for instance, it happens.

George707

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
What if the disc is bad, for instance, it happens.

I hadn't even thought about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: