PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Save for Web - only a selection of document
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

chutes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Save for Web - only a selection of document Reply with quote

Hello all. I have a task of taking a document with 5 numbers on it and need to save each number as a separate .gif file. I know that in the past I was able to create a rectangular object that I could place over the part of the document and save that part (hopefully using Save for Web) then move that "selection" area over another part of the document and repeat. This is faster than cropping the whole document each time. If what I'm saying isn't making sense, let me know and I'll try to be more clear, but, basically, I just need to turn one PDF into 5 differnet .gif files - each only exporting a portion of the PDF page, and want to do this in the quickest manner possible. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're looking for the slice and slice select tool, available from the toolbox. In recent versns ofPhotoshop they're found in the same menu as the crop tool.
Hope that helps

Htown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chutes,

What you are saying makes perfect sense. I do this all the time and I find the easiest way to do it is almost like you are describing only I do go ahead and crop after my selection is made. (Image > Crop) then I do a Save for Web then I press ctrl-z to undo the crop, move the selection to another part of the image that I want to save and repeat. no problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: