PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
automated image processing - portait vs landscape issuses
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

adam.sellers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: automated image processing - portait vs landscape issuses Reply with quote

Hi There,

I've managed to create a droplet that will normalise a set of images that we are publishing to the intertubes. My issue however, is that i have different orientation of images, if the style is landscape then i need to fix the width to 650 in the resize, but if it's a portrait image it's the height that needs to be fixed at 400.

How can i create a droplet that will allow this level of inspection? ie, if image is landscape go one path (ie fixing the width) if portrait then go the other (fix height). Is this possible?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The simplest solution is to write two actions, one for landscape and one for portrait then separate the images into two folders..

It can be done with a script, obviously that's more complicated. If you don't know how to write your own, you may be able to find a script that will do what you want, try Google. But you'll still likely need to alter it to the size you desire.

adam.sellers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've written two droplets, one for portrait and landscape already.. it's sorting the images that i'm having trouble with. You see, i'm being sent tens of thousands of images for publication to the net... i really don't want to have to go through them one by one :)

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Windows explorer open the folder, click on View-Arrange Icons By-Dimensions.

That will sort them for you.

Htown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Image Processor" in both Photoshop or Bridge will do this for you automatically. (the script is already written) Put a check mark in the "resize to fit" check box and then put in those dimensions. 650 X 400. It will always resize the image to the shortest dimension giving you exactly what you want and you will not have to sort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: