PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Resolution poor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

mtamocon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Resolution poor Reply with quote

Hello to all from the newbie!!

I took a bunch of pictures yesterday with my Panasonic FZ18. I used the RAW + Jpeg mode to save onto my card.

When I open the RAW image in CS3 here's what the spec's are;

16bit, 3264 X 2448, 8Mp, 300 ppi

I then open the image. Here's the issue.... If I zoom in just once I can already see some pixelzation. The more I zoom the worse it gets. I thought it might be a monitor problem so i cropped it to an 8x10 and had it printed at Wal-Mart. Didn't look too good. I have taken other pictures and printed at 18x24 and they look pretty good.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Htown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not view a RAW image directly, it needs to be processed either with the software that came with the camera or a third party like Adobe. You are probably looking at the low res jpg version. I suggest you try shooting in just RAW and then you will know for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: