PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Retaining original image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Joseph Rabushka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Retaining original image Reply with quote

I am new to CS4. I wanted to transfer part of an image to a new empty file. Lo and behold when I created a new file, the original imaged disappeared! How do I prevent this? In Photoshop 7 when you create a new file it appears in addition to what you already have.

Htown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really following you here as I am quite certain PS is not deleting your file when you create a new one. If you select the layer or part of the image that you want and do a Edit>Copy Merged (shift-ctrl-c)then create a new file and paste, you will have what you want.

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS4 has a new feature TABS if you look along the top of the images you will see that both pics will have a seperate tab click on either one to show the pic and click and drag the tab to release the pic so you can see both!

Hope this helps

Lee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: