PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Any help appreciated on photo correction
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

sarbot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Any help appreciated on photo correction Reply with quote

Any help appreciated.

Working with Photoshop 7.0 trying to color correct and optimize an image of my son barefooting to prepare for giant vinyl print to create a stand up cut-out on a foam board.

I will attach 2 downsized images for comparison.

As you can see one image has nice smile but no sunlight and other image has great sunlight but no smile.

I need to optimize for CMYK printing the smiling image. I know a bit about levels, but don't know what to change for midtones, highlights, shadows, etc. to try and correct this smiling image as best possible.

Unfortunately I did not set the camera to save 17 meg RAW images. Original images are 4.5 megs jpg which I crop image, adjust histogram, 250--5, CMYK, sharpen unmask at 98%, increase brightness with middle slider in histogram, expand size up to 72 inches tall by 54 inches wide, save as LZW TIFF. After that image is like 400 megs, then import into illustrator and tile out just the face to the Docucolor and it's amazing pretty clear for 100:1 file size increase (13 X 9 sheet)

Htown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little rough around the edges but perhaps something like this? I replaced his head and did a curves adjustment layer on it and cloned in the water around his head. It could be done undetectable with your higher resolution images.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a curve adjustment for the black point and contrast and a very slight vignette around the outside edges.

Htown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I took the more difficult path, of course you could just brighten the picture and adjust for skin tones then burn down the highlights in the top of the image.

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a go for you...

Last edited by seaco on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other option...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: