PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image Adjustments Don’t Take in Photoshop CS3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

John Mayer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Image Adjustments Don’t Take in Photoshop CS3 Reply with quote

When I attempt to adjust levels (or anything else I’ve tried under image adjustment), the adjustment interface APPEARS to be working; the image onscreen changes appropriately. But when I hit the “Done” button, everything reverts to just as it was before I opened the adjustment interface.

Anybody else had this problem or have any idea how to fix it?
javascript:emoticon('Confused')

Yours truly,

John Mayer

iDad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to duplicate what your saying, but It doesn't do it for me that's strange.I did notice one thing though.
When I click finished., it says "OK" not ""Done" where are you seeing "Done"?

KRF

PS Version: photoshop elements 7
OS: Windows Vista 32-bit, and one sexy computer to go with it lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everythng is working fine for me as well, have you tried Adobe customer support?

John Mayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: A Clue Reply with quote

You’re right; it DOES say OK, not DONE. And my copy of Photoshop is not the current one, so I don’t expect Adobe to help.

But I’ve a clue since I posted: the scans I had made (my scanner being of standard, practically useless, dimensions) are all .pdf’s (apparently not a good idea) but two seem to be bitmaps whereas the other is rasterized (don’t know why the Kinko’s lad did it that way). When I paste an image from one into the other all of a sudden the adjustments on the transferred image work. Also, some of the images seem to be at a different resolution (300 vs 600). This might have been done to permit emailing them, as NONE of them showed up on my USB device when I got home.

So it is one of the setttings that, apparently, is at fault. But which one. I’ve tried all of them at 8 bit and 16 bit and that doesn’t seem to be it, and all are in greyscale.

So, what am I overlooking?

All of this could have been avoided, probably, if only there were a consumer-priced large format scanner available. The only one I’ve found is an Epson at $800, but I’ve had bad luck with Epson products.

Yours truly,
John Mayer

John Mayer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, btw, thanks for taking time to help!

ionicman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem. Basically, I think it starts with scanning to PDF and then saving the PDF as a TIFF (by "save as" from Acrobat in my case) and trying to manipulate that. To solve, I re-sized the image by changing it's resolution (from 300 to 150, although other numbers probably will work), then changing it back. After that, I am able to make adjustments that stick / take / apply and not revert back to the image's original state.

I think by having PS resample it fixes the issue. There may be a one step way to do this, but maybe someone else can figure how.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: