PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Tools Missing on Tool Pallet
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Kaoha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Tools Missing on Tool Pallet Reply with quote

No matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall PS CS4, all the tools jon the tools pallet except the Pen, Lasso and Type tool are missing (see attached screen capture) I'm running Vista with 3 Gigs. I have played with the tools window and and reset the preferences with Alt Cnt Shift. All apps and all the other parts of the suite work fine. I have installed friends' copies of the program with and the same problem is there. I'm about to commit sepuku - please help if you can. [/img]

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try deleting the preferences file.

Kaoha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - but I don't know which file is the Preferences file. I did the Preferences reset (alt, ctrl, shift). Also, PS CS2 works fine but I spent a ton on CS4 and Adobe has no clue.

Thanks again I'll await your help.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaoha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Missing Tools Reply with quote

Thanks for taking your time to help but deleting the preferences file didn't change anything. I'm running out of ideas - there must be an external force acting on it like a plug in or something - I don't know. I tried installing it on another drive and I uninstalled all the plug-ins but no change. ARRGGG, as Charlie Brown would say. One bizarre thing happened - I had PS CS2 running when I launched CS4 but CS2 popped in. Maybe I should delete the preference file for CS2?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It couldn't hurt to try it.
A lot of strange behavior in CS4 is cured by updating video drivers. If you haven't already, I'd give that a try too.

Kaoha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a try and let you know - can't thank you enough for your help.

Kaoha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: tools missing on Tool Pallet Reply with quote

Thanks again but after upgrading the nvidia drivers (which I needed to do anyway) there was no change. I'm about out of ideas. I have another laptop almost identical to the one with the problem - I'll install PS CS4 on that machine and see what happens, I'm sure it will work fine but that doesn't help me solve the problem on this computer.

- J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: