PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS4 crash entering paragraph text
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

thornev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: CS4 crash entering paragraph text Reply with quote

Every time I try to add text to a new document, CS4 v11.0 crashes:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 11.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x48d38aa7
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be02b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000051da0
Faulting process id: 0x3bc8
Faulting application start time: 0x01caa66b0749eff0
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 54b9ba40-125e-11df-bdcb-00044b177e61

What I'm doing is loading a business card PSD document and pressing T to enter Text mode. Sometimes CS4 doesn't crash until I start to enter text; sometimes it crashes as soon as I click in the document. I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 (all updates applied) and, as far as I know, I have only the stock fonts in my Windows Fonts folder. I'm logged on always using a Windows Administrator account. I'm using the x64 version of CS4. My graphics card is nVidia GeForce 9800GTX which seems to be supported by CS4.

I've read that a printer that CS4 doesn't like could be a problem, but I have only 1 printer on a USB port, HP Photosmart C7200. I use it all the time with no problems and its latest drivers are installed.

I saw in some forums that changing the default printer helped some people. That solution didn't help me.

I've been able to manipulate photos using CS4 with no problem such as resize and red-eye removal.

I am downloading CS4 update 11.0.1 now. Fingers crossed. (update) Nope, CSD update 11.0.1 didn't help. Sigh.

What else can I try short of a CS4 reinstall? Thanks. thorne

thornev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I moved out all the non-stock fonts (i.e. not listed here: http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/product.aspx?PID=161 ) - 224 of them !! (and I know some are OK) - and so far no crash ! I wonder which font(s) was the culprit? It would be nice if Adobe listed those fonts it knows are complicit. One would think that by now Photoshop would be more tolerant of "bad" fonts that work fine in other applications. thorne

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, thornev. Thanks for sharing that, glad you got it sorted.

Is there any way that it was just the overall number of fonts in and of itself? Not sure. But, it wouldn't be too hard for you to find out if it was an individual font. Just add them one by one. 224 seems like a lot, but it wouldn't take too long to do.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

thornev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like one of the complicit fonts is DejaVu*.ttf. thorne

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, well, at least if it is that one, you can go ahead and add the rest back, if you want and see if it works.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

eliteflyers_com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any way that it was just the overall number of fonts in and of itself
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: