PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Making an animation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

invisiblepenguin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Making an animation Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me make my animation. I have a psd file with 300 layers. Each layer is positioned exactly how I want it. Now I want to make an animation in which on frame 1, only layer 1 is visible and on frame 2, only layer 2 is visible, etc. I could do this manually, but it actually takes longer and longer the more you do because with each new frame you have to click on an extra "eye" icon to make another layer invisible. To do frame 300, you would have to click off 299 layers to invisible.

Please tell me there's a way to automate this. It took a really long time to position the layers because the auto align tool in photoshop doesn't work that well. Thank you. :)

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What or where are you intending to output your files to? I don't know what you intend to do with your output, but it will be a huge file.

I hesitate to try to answer your question, in fear of answering unneeded questions. Of course there is the chance that I might have no clue!

invisiblepenguin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to make a very simple animation. I actually don't know the best way to do it. I realize photoshop isn't the best app for making animations but I've made them before and they seem to do the job for simple things. I would be happy if the animation was a gif or something. If I could export it to another app to make it a higher res deal, that would be ok too. Animation is just something I don't know much about.

edit:

I thought of a better way to think of this. It's like one of those animations where people take a picture of themselves every day and then make it an animation. That's not what I did, but technically, it's the same kind of project.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: