PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Photoshop CS4 Workspace centering
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Rhino

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Photoshop CS4 Workspace centering Reply with quote

I am using Adobe Photoshop CS4. By default, my workspace (The space where my files open up) is at a horizontal position on the ruler (after I turn the rulers on) at 0, but there is about 450 pixels space before the zero position. With the vertical spacing, the space above zero is only about 50 pixels.

Can somebody tell me how to reduce this 450 pixels horizontal margin space so that my workspace can move to the left a bit? My layers, history, and other palettes occupy a little of my workspace, and hence I can not view the entire workspace, while I have empty space to the left of the workspace and after the default toolkit.

Ideally, I would like to move my workspace about 200 pixels left, so the zero of the horizontal ruler starts at where my negative 200 now sits on my screen. I illustrate it in the following picture.

http://uploading.com/files/1521m367/MoveWorkspace.jpg/

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View-Screen Mode-Maximized Screen Mode.

Rhino

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hawkeye.

But that way, I do not see the Layers, History, Navigations, Tools, Options, etc. Also, I would not be able to see my Windows bar, making it harder to switch between windows using mouse, say if I want to move to a browser to access the web.

One option is to Window > Arrange > Float in window to see the full image at 50 % zoom on a 1600 X 1200 resolution image while having access to all tools I use and also view Windows bar.

Is there any way to move the workspace to the left by about 200 pixels in the default tabbed view while viewing the same resolution image at the same zoom?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS3

Auieos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Love the photo ^

Rhino

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hawkeye,

Is it the default setting in CS3, or did you change the margins somewhere, yourself?

I wish to do the same in CS4.

I agree with Auieos that it is a good pic.

Rhino

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still could not figure out exactly how to move the workspace by a given measurement on the ruler, but I found a work around to have my workspace more to the left so that the toolbars do not fall over it.

Window > Workspace > Essentials (Default)

Now, I found that the workspace is centered between the tools on the left and the other tool windows on the right. Now, I displayed the tool windows that I use most from Window tab, unchecked the ones I do not use, and then did

Window > Workspace > Save Workspace

Now on, the workspace would be exactly as I like it to be.

Zonexl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why you have this is because you have your palettes floating instead of docked. To get the palettes docked, click on the top bar of the floating palettes and move the palettes to the right until you see a blue vertical line appear; let go of the mouse button and you're done. Do the same thing with the toolbar if preferred.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: