PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
composite exposures question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

floorpunch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: composite exposures question Reply with quote

I am compositing these pictures of a vw gti. I read a tutorial on it and have all the layer masks layed out, but I need to take things out and I don't know how I should go about it. http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/samuraiandhislord/firstpic.jpg this is the first picture. I layer on other exposures to make this http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg39/samuraiandhislord/inprogress.jpg . As you can see, the other exposures had a board under the real wheel and you can vaguely see someone standing in the middle of the pictures. How can I take those out without screwing anything up. if i just erase them out of the picture, the exposure of the picture behind it shows. Any advice?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are always more than one way to do things in PS, you have to learn what works best for each situation, and for you.

In this case I copied a section of the floor to another layer to cover the tire and wood on the floor. I used transform to make it slightly larger, then dodge and burned it to get it to look right. A little of the same dodge and burn on the surrounding areas as well and some light cloning to blend.
The wood on the back wall was mainly painted over to match the surroundings and a little light cloning to blend. (used soft brush @ low opacity)
Reflections were painted over with a soft low opacity brush to match the surrounding color. Add a little noise if necessary for a better match.

And so on...

Always do your work a new layers.

floorpunch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you so much bro!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: