PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
I have several photos + Need shadows taken out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

gavthechav

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: I have several photos + Need shadows taken out. Reply with quote

I use Photoshop 7.
I have got 3 fishing photograph's, holding a fish.
There are shadows running across the fish (mostly) & I have tried to change the colour so the shadow is the same colour as the fish. I've tried the clone stamp tool mostly, but am not getting 100% the result. So am hoping you photoshoper's can/maybe able to help!!!I have included 1 picture here.........

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clone tool is the way to go but make sure you dont try to do too big an area ot once. Also you could try duplicating the layer and on the bottom layer select the shadowed area with the lasso tool then use image>adjustments>hue/saturation to get the hues close to the unshaded areas( check the colorize box). Then use your clone stamp on the top layer and when you have finished cloning reduce the opacity of that layer.

niftyned

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. when having your photo taken holding a fish you have caught always stretch your arms as far out in front of you as you can, it makes the fish appear bigger than it is.

gavthechav

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your guidance. I tried and tried with the clone stamp tool to get the colour of the shadows the same as without shadows, ....patience is a virtue....I shall try again:)

ps, It is not me, I volunteerd to touch up 3 of these photo's (all the same fish) like I say I will try again./Otherwise the fish would be REALLY BiG! Lol

Thanks again :P

johnfreemaniam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: I have several photos + Need shadows taken out. Reply with quote

first of all you will be under need of Photshop cs4 for doing it in a better way..but if you only have 7 then too you can do it..you need to use the effects feature..at the lower corner of layer window...add shadow of the color you need..and you are done..
gavthechav wrote:
I use Photoshop 7.
There are shadows running across the fish (mostly) & I have tried to change the colour so the shadow is the same colour as the fish. I've tried the clone stamp tool mostly, but am not getting 100% the result. So am hoping you photoshoper's can/maybe able to help!!!I have included 1 picture here.........

johnfreemaniam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Re: I have several photos + Need shadows taken out. Reply with quote

or you if you are confused..how to do that..look for smashmagazine.com tutorials over how to shadow..up....Angel
gavthechav wrote:
I use Photoshop 7.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: