PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HELP CAN'T MINIMIZE TO ADD LAYERS AND EXTRAC MAJOR PROBS
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kathitownz

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: HELP CAN'T MINIMIZE TO ADD LAYERS AND EXTRAC MAJOR PROBS Reply with quote

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

I JUST received Photoshop CS5 Extended and have two big problems!

1. I can't minimize the screen to ADD LAYERS

2. Did the extraction, as per lynda's tutorial and went perfect. Tried to do an EXTRACTION twice using a photo I with lots of curly hair and YIKES, part of my ORIGINAL had become TRANSPARENT!!! Tried it again....following the instructions to the letter...the same thing happened. WHUZZZZ ZUP????
Kathi Townzen Bawling Bawling Bawling

2. Did the extraction, as per lynda's tutorial and went perfect. Tried to do an EXTRACTION twice using a photo I with lots of curly hair and YIKES, part of my ORIGINAL had become TRANSPARENT!!! Tried it again....following the instructions to the letter...the same thing happened. WHUZZZZ ZUP????
Kathi Townzen

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-"I can't minimize the screen to ADD LAYERS " I'm not sure what you mean...

2-Extraction isn't perfect by any standard. The effectiveness really depends on the image itself.

kathitownz

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for answering, but I've used two photos from professionals..... neither of them extracted right. Part of my selection was even missing...like part of the face!.....3/4 transparent.

The only way I can elements..... extra things to each layout or page is to to to the window and check "floating elements." Now, that just CAN'T be the way and I only discovered it after looking and looking and after I posted this.

I have no check boxes....to say that I've completed a selection or manipulation, or the zero....sign that says not to use it.

I think I may have a bad disc.
Kathi

Kathi Townzen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: