PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Save actions greyed out
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

iamgregor

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Save actions greyed out Reply with quote

I have a file open, I have the action selected, I even tried selecting multiple selections and opening a brand new blank file instead, but save actions is greyed out.

Now what?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the action is in the palette , then it is already saved in a set. You need to select the set itself, before save actions will be active.

iamgregor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
If the action is in the palette , then it is already saved in a set. You need to select the set itself, before save actions will be active.

I don't really understand, but I was able to click on the entire "Default Actions" group and save those so I guess that works.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't save individual actions but you can save the group or set that they are in.

You're not stuck with just default...You can create your own group (set). In the menu select new set, name it, click OK. For instance, I have one I named production, and I keep resizing actions there.

You can also drag actions from one set to another if you wish.

iamgregor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
You can't save individual actions but you can save the group or set that they are in.

You're not stuck with just default...You can create your own group (set). In the menu select new set, name it, click OK. For instance, I have one I named production, and I keep resizing actions there.

You can also drag actions from one set to another if you wish.

Huh, I didn't think about making my own group. That would probably be easier. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: