PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Images appears dark and washed out when printed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

nomadix_rob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Images appears dark and washed out when printed Reply with quote

Hi there. This may sound like a very broad question, but I have been designing a program for an upcoming film festival in photoshop. The image looks great, very vibrant and crisp on my screen. Yet whenever it goes to be printed (whether it be at home printer or on a professional printer at a printing shop) the document appears a lot darker and washed out. I know its never going to look the same as it does on screen, but just wanted to know what could be the cause of this. The image is a CMYK/8 file and i am exporting it to a PSD, PDF and EPS file. I have tried the image on several monitors and it all looks the same. I really want to sort it out as I will be printing 500+ of these and dont want them to look average! Any help would be much appreciated!!

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is you monitor calibrated?

Tarboom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both your monitor and your printer must be calibrated to ensure that what you see on the screen is identical to what comes from your printer.
An overview of color management basics:
http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps10_colour/ps10_1.htm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: