PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Cloud computing with CS4 zapping local versions of same?
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

mtuchman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Cloud computing with CS4 zapping local versions of same? Reply with quote

This is an odd one. Reaching out to see if anyone has experienced this or has any idea of what might cause this. My magazine company has contracted with a cloud computing-based content management system for our print and web products. The cloud system incorporates CS4 software. We also use CS4 (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) locally. Whenever I am "on the cloud" the local versions of CS2 get corrupted. Specifically, Photoshop is open, but doesn't respond at all when I try to open files. No error message---just doesn't do it. InDesign's corruption involves any objects on page (text or picture boxes). When you draw a new box or try to move a new box, the objects can not be moved from there position. They move a little when you click and drag, but snap back, locked. Objects are "unlocked" btw. You can move boxes with the arrows, or reshape by dragging the handles. Weird stuff, and 99.99% convinced the cloud environment (perhaps the Adobe cloud applications themselves) is confusing the local versions. Our IT people and the CMS vendor are all baffled! Thanks in advance!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: