PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
reducing pixelation and optimizing for print
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

__Cleo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: reducing pixelation and optimizing for print Reply with quote

Hi I really appreciate any help. Trying to create a poster for print, struggling with pixelation...

This is for my job- this is not my primary work though, so I'm just learning as I go.

I do have access to a professional print shop who will be printing the images.

I start with a psd. Using some clipart from Microsoft but always scaling the jpg down. The rest of the image is text I'm creating in photoshop. When I save it as jpg it seems pixelated when I print.

Wondering if I should be using jpg tiff or gif.

Also I seem to remember doing this a couple yrs ago and printing to microsoft image writer, then pdf. I'm in the midst of trying this, trying to get the pdf settings right so the image fits the page. Because I tried once and it shrunk. But is this something that will work?

I don't know much about resolution setting...

Working with a psd about the size of a regular page as I think we'll be printing posters this size- this is just for internal use at my job. Possibly larger however.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'd really like to be able to do this

egzon41

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use gif . make it large i which size you want like that go in place>>(the image youll put )>>and large it.....

sorry for not helping you more Frown. im new in ps but with my knowledge i have for ps that little help i hope to give you a solution

Stephen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the problem with the pixellation of the text is because you're moving from vector text to raster text when you convert from psd to jpg. If you save as pdf the text should stay as vector, which will give you sharp text at whatever resolution you print.

Hope this helps,

S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: