PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Batch import specific images from nested folders
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Shaolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is working now but it is sporadic; sometimes it will let the action complete before moving on to another file, and sometimes the action completes. Is there any way to ensure that the action has completely finished before moving on to the next image?

Thanks...I feel it's nearing the finish line now :)

Shaolin

Paul R

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really as it all done sequencially. You could try adding a delay after the action IE: $.sleep( 100 ); that's 100 milliseconds.

Shaolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my problem is stemming from the activeDocument after the first action....how to I make the active document the newly formed template which is the result of action 1. ??? I notice that in your code the active document is the jpg file...i need to tell PS that the active document isn't folder.jpg anymore.

Or at least that's my theory.

Shaolin

Paul R

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but no.
When it is doing the resize there is only one document open, when you run your action it is creating a new document this now becomes the active document.

Shaolin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got any more time tonight unfortunately...I really wanted to get this done and dusted but i feel you've got me 95% of the way there. I'm going to have a play about with it over the weekend, if i cant get it to work 100% all the time I'll post back here....thank you very much for all of your help it is very much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: