PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Take the diff to create a transparent mask
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

NecmiKara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Take the diff to create a transparent mask Reply with quote

Hi all,

I want to take the difference between two images in order to create a transparent image.

I try to find "diff" such as:

+

=

Here, background is a classical #545459 filled rectangle. I want a transparent diff image so that I can use another classical picture (rather than #545459 rectangle) and obtain the same kind of header. In other words, I would like to find a not transparent gradient that results on header.png when overlayed to a #545459 rectangle.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what you trying to do. Perhaps you could explain more clearly. What is a transparent diff image?
Are you sying you want the question mark to be a gradient which shows on top of the rectangle?

NecmiKara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the question mark would be a gradient and when it overlay on a #545459 filled rectangle, the overlaid result will be similar to header.png. And as I want it to overlay, it must be transparent (i mean not completely opaque)

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Place the question mark on a layer above the rectangle layer. Ctrl+click the question mark layer to select. Fill the selection with a gradient. Lower the layer opacity to get the degree of transpareny you want.

NecmiKara

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I didn't explain well, sorry my english is not so good and I am more mathematician than designer. The question mark is not exactly the "diff" titled image. I put a question mark to show that this is the unknown result (like a "x" in a math equation). I think the difference you said is what I am looking for but I would like to get it in a new rectangle layer but not exactly in a question mark or something.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: