PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Automation help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

weekendbiggs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Automation help Reply with quote

Hi, I'm relatively new to automation in photoshop as I have only been using it from a production standpoint for a few months. I am however very familiar with using photoshop as a creative tool as I have been doing that for several years. Anyhoo, on to my problem!

I'm trying to Automate this process:

1. Open PSD file
2. Make Path
3. Export paths (.ai file in specified directory)
4. save as .png (in specified directory)
5. Close and open next file in list.

I've tried a combination of using both the batch function and actions, but whenever i use the save as function in an action it does not retain the correct folder destination and often times, when I am exporting the .ai file with the action it simply doesn't create the file!

If someone could please help me, I am very desperate!
currently we have hundreds of these .psd files that need to be processed with thousands on the way. I thought that photoshop would have the tools to complete this task but I am rapidly becoming aware that it may not!

Any solutions you have would be greatly appreciated!

I simply cannot make a full time job out of processing each and every one of these files by hand!

Paul R

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not an easy one to answer, what I would suggest is to do a little reading so you will see some of the difficulties.
Have a look at these two threads for a start...
http://ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=290&sid=22bef434e71436f7c2058e0803b0b28e
http://ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=700
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: