PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
WORK FLOW: Synchronizing image adjustments on JPEG files
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

30APhotographer

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: WORK FLOW: Synchronizing image adjustments on JPEG files Reply with quote

I just got the New CS5 and WOW!!! What a learning curve! I like to think I'm pretty savvy when it comes to Adobe Photoshop, but this has me stuck.

I have used the "Synchronize" feature in Adobe Bridge - Camera RAW's preferences and adjusted my settings to enhance the image. Then, selected all the files that were opened simultaneously through Adobe Bridge and adjusted in Camera Raw, clicked "Synchronize" and watched my settings from one image apply to the rest of my images. (PRETTY DAMN COOL!)

I am looking for a much more efficient work flow system regarding synchronizing my setting on the first image and applying them to the other images. Here's the problem; currently ALL the images I am working on are JPEGs, otherwise I would adjust in Camera RAW and not worry about the JPEGs.

Truth be told and I will probably be scorned by other photographers for this; but I really do not work in RAW files very often, because the work flow has always been so time consuming; and well, to me - time is money.

Seeing how easy and quick the work flow has improved regarding RAW files and synchronizing the adjustments - I have already changed my file perimeters on my camera to RAW+Lg JPEG. However, I still have this dilemma.

I also have Adobe Lightroom 2.3 - and haven't used it much because I have always been able to accomplish my goals in photoshop with greater ease.

Any assistance someone might be able to give would be greatly appreciated and I will be happy to share my knowledge in return. All my best! -30APhotographer

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can open the jpg images into ACR and do the same as if they were raw files. Ctrl+click to select all the jpg's you want then ctrl+r to open them in ACR.

30APhotographer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COMPUTER RESPONSE:

"Camera Raw editing is not enabled.

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature."

Any other ideas?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is jpg file handling set properly in ACR preferences?

30APhotographer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Confused Confused Confused I've opened "Camera RAW" and it still give me the same message, even if I have RAW files opened in "Camera RAW". I also tried opening a few JPEGs in Adobe Bridge and hit Edit -----> Camera Raw Preferences; and I am still getting the same message...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: