PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image Processor/Actions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

diatribe69

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Image Processor/Actions Reply with quote

Hi, I am attempting to batch process about 600 EPS files. I have tried the File > Image Processor command, as well as Actions. However, I keep running into limitations.

With the Image Processor command, I cannot adjust the size of the output JPEG file with the same granularity as I can in the Save For Web & Devices; it only allows me to select the Quality and the Output Size. It's fine, except that I need to get my files down to about 50K (the minimum I can attain is about 250K) at 500 x 300. The original EPS files are ~10MB and ~4500 x 2500 size.

On the Actions side, I can achieve the necessary results, but I do not know how to have it automatically open up each file in succession, as the Image Processor can do. It seems that every file I need processed would need to be open already; a monumental task given that I have about 600 EPS files. The Image Processor, on the other hand, closes each file after it's done processing them.

Is there an under-the-hood tweak that I can do to the Image Processor? I saved the settings in the Image Processor dialog to an XML file; however, it doesn't provide any more options than what's already in the dialog box.

Thanks for reading my post.

Paul R

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image Processor does not support Save For Web, you could try my processor that does suppot SFW, one drawback is you can not optimise to file size that is only possible in the Photoshop GUI.
http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3409&sid=f55ac8b55803a0950b16e82f7be9905b

thehermit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you would turn up to save the day, phew. GJ as always Paul R.

diatribe69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul R wrote:
Image Processor does not support Save For Web, you could try my processor that does suppot SFW, one drawback is you can not optimise to file size that is only possible in the Photoshop GUI.
http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3409&sid=f55ac8b55803a0950b16e82f7be9905b

YES! Thumb Up

It's humbling to realize that there is always smarter than you are--but not very often. ;)

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: