PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Transferring white balance from one photo to another
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

amrbekhit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Transferring white balance from one photo to another Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have two photos, both of the same subject. The colours in the first photo are perfect, but the subject is blurry. The subject in the second is sharp, but there is too much orange in the image. I've tried doing some manual adjustments in the Colour Balance and Levels dialogs, but I just can't get the same colour levels as the blurry image. How can I somehow "transfer" the white balance and colour levels onto the sharp one?

Thanks

--Amr

Myer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to do this to you. I'm sure there are many approaches to this problem.

I use a little known area of PS called LAB. The reason I use it is because of the total separattion of Luminosity (light/dark) from color. I can adjust one without touching the other.

I would open both images and go into LAB in both. Image --> Mode --> LAB.

Then on the "good" color image I would select one or two spots using the Color Sampler Tool that you have determine visually should be "white". If in fact they are white then the "a" and "b" channels will be "0" (or almost). If they are then you know they are truly white.

Select the same spot with the Color Sampler in the clear but "orangy" image.

Using Curves go into first the "a" and then the "b" channels. Taking the center point of the curve move it up or down until each channel is almost (or exactly) "0" (zero). That will make the selected spot white (or more correctly neutral).

The rest of the image will probably fall into place.

Then go back into RGB and save the image.

30APhotographer

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Here's a simplier way... Reply with quote

If I've got a warm hue on an image, I have always found that going to:

Image -----> Adjustments -----> Photo Filter

Then, you select the color opposite your problem. On a color wheel blue is opposite of orange so the two cancel each other out in this situation.

Hope this helps! - 30APhotographer

mkmcdermott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah thanks this helps me too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: