PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Your optimization settings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Kinja Kahn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xteriormotive... nice website... thats cool how ya got the deal with Weiland. Hope ya get good deals on his music. :P
I use fireworks a little, mostly just for image swaps and cutting up pictures for the web. Can you draw with it?

xteriormotive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinja Kahn wrote:
xteriormotive... nice website... thats cool how ya got the deal with Weiland. Hope ya get good deals on his music. :P
I use fireworks a little, mostly just for image swaps and cutting up pictures for the web. Can you draw with it?

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, you can draw with Fireworks. For print and illustration, Freehand is what you would want to use in this regard, but any web based work can be done in Fireworks.

Personally, I love the program....I just wish Photoshop would integrate more with it; as Macromedia is trying to accomplish.

beetle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

/me scratches his head at what Fireworks does that Photoshop doesn't Confused

xteriormotive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beetle wrote:
/me scratches his head at what Fireworks does that Photoshop doesn't Confused

I never said it did things that PS doesn't; it is merely a personal preference, since i have been using Fireworks for a VERY long time (longer than PS)

PS7 is a great tool, and integrated with Fireworks MX a designer would never have to use anything else.

Note: Fireworks creates much better vector images and fonts than PS does from my experience and use.

beetle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fireworks doesn't create vector images better. Maybe it has more powerful tools to allow the designer to create better vector images, but Fireworks and Photoshop accomplish very little on their own.

So, does Fireworks have better vector tools? These are the things that I'm curious about.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what you mean by 'better'.

xteriormotive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beetle wrote:
Fireworks doesn't create vector images better. Maybe it has more powerful tools to allow the designer to create better vector images, but Fireworks and Photoshop accomplish very little on their own.

So, does Fireworks have better vector tools? These are the things that I'm curious about.

Otherwise, I'm not really sure what you mean by 'better'.

Hmmmm, I guess we differ in opinion here.

Oh well; to each his/her own.

beetle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to argue with you xteriormotive. I just don't see how opinion has any gravity. Heck, I've never even used Fireworks so I have no opinion in that regard.

Vector images are vector images. They are visual representations of mathematic vectors, which by definition have a size and direction. Enhanced by bezier curves and you've got the basic building blocks for all and anything vector.

So how can Fireworks make them 'better'? I proffer that it cannot. The two programs (as well as dozens others that make vector art) are creating at heart, the very same thing. I do concede, however, that Fireworks may contain some edge in the creation, editing, display, output, or effects exercised upon those vectors.

But to simply state that "Fireworks creates much better vector images" is illogical.

So where is Firework's edge? Creation? Output? Editing? UI?

xteriormotive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beetle wrote:
I'm not trying to argue with you xteriormotive. I just don't see how opinion has any gravity. Heck, I've never even used Fireworks so I have no opinion in that regard.

Vector images are vector images. They are visual representations of mathematic vectors, which by definition have a size and direction. Enhanced by bezier curves and you've got the basic building blocks for all and anything vector.

So how can Fireworks make them 'better'? I proffer that it cannot. The two programs (as well as dozens others that make vector art) are creating at heart, the very same thing. I do concede, however, that Fireworks may contain some edge in the creation, editing, display, output, or effects exercised upon those vectors.

But to simply state that "Fireworks creates much better vector images" is illogical.

So where is Firework's edge? Creation? Output? Editing? UI?

In MY opinion, it is in all of the above.

Use Fireworks MX and the discussion would be a bit easier to have I gather. It is a very powerful tool, which from my experience and usage is a much better creation tool, output tool, editing tool and has a much better UI than does Photoshop at the moment.

What you have said above about vector is correct, but if you used both of these programs pretty much seemlessly (as much as you can considering PS's stubborn integration with FW) I think you might notice what it is I am talking about.

I guess I just don't look at the two programs as in-depth as you do, therefore my statement of FW's being a better vector program differs from how you actually look at things. For my part, I look at what is created and I see on my screen when the product is finished; upon completion of a project or the start of one, FW's has produced for the most part a much more crisp and enhanced design for myself (the designer) to work with.

beetle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go! That's what I was looking for, xteriormotive

You see, "better" is such a subjective word, so without knowing your personal take on the issue, deciphering the meaning of "better" is nigh to impossible.

Thx.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: