PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Big panorama saved by photoshop in raw format
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

krapa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:27 am    Post subject: Big panorama saved by photoshop in raw format Reply with quote

Hello !

Few months ago i made a big panorama (nearly 15 photos at 10 millions pixels) with photoshop. Usually i don't have problem saving my panoramas in psd format, but this one was so big (>300mo) that photoshop told me to save it as a .raw file (not the raw files you can get with your camera).

Now when i try to open my raw file with photoshop, it results in a grey image with the different layers of my panorama overlaid....

Here is what my panorama should look like (low resolution jpg) :

And here is what i get when i open the raw file :

Does anyone can help ??
Thanks

Have a nice day

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What format did you shoot the original in? RAW, JPEG etc.. Also, when you open the files do they open in PS RAW or just normal Photoshop?

I am a little bemused as .psb (like the .psd) is used for files over 2 gig in size (I think), so I don't see why it would tell you to save in RAW, unless you shot in it, although I confess this is not my area at all. I presume Exif data shows no signs of why.

Oh and welcome to the forum ;)

krapa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Thanks for your answer. and sorry if i have not introduced myself properly (and for my average english)

BTW i use Photoshop CS3.

Yes i shoot in raw, but when i work on my montage/collage it is 8 bits and 240dpi (to not slow my computer too much).
(i have an old version of the collage in psd, on which 50% of the work is done, and it confirms these presets.)

This raw format doesnt seem related to the raw files you get with a camera. and when i open it photoshop doesnt launch "Camera raw".
I tried saving the old psd version (looking good) in raw format, and it still results in a grey abstract image when i open it.

Anyway, I think my file is screwed, if i want my panorama in full resolution i have to do it again...

Could it be a lack of memory that made photoshop wanting me to save as .raw and not .psd? Or maybe a mistake i made.. damn

Thank you

Have a nice day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: