PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Holy Trinity Project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

reddeath42

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: Holy Trinity Project Reply with quote

Hello there. I have been hear before to asked how to refine a edge on a curve, it went very well. But recently I've hit a dead end. I do not know how to refine such a small line on these circles, the ones on the top of the design of this project. I am doing this project for service hours. I go to a catholic school were service hours become very important and this is becoming very frustrating.
I have to refine and even out the logo on the top. It needs to go on a large banner for the church, so this is why I need to fix it. The text in the circles need to be replaced with original font. It needs to say God,Father,The Son and holy spirit in the circles. If you could tell me the name of the font that would be a big help. It looks like Old English Text MT but its not the same.

* The doc.holy is just a semi clean version.
** The DOC09 is what the final needs to look like.

If someone could help me with this, I would be forever grateful.

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can help you out. Here is the logo part without text. Will have a poke around for the right font once i get a chance.

reddeath42

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thank you so much, I have no clue on how you did that but thank you. I can't find the font but the old English in photoshop will do.

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome, I will use old English to complete next chance i get. Sorry for not being clear in my first post, I did not use photoshop. I traced over the original picture in an application called Adobe Illustrator.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is.

reddeath42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that's really good. I had done one myself. I had tried it, mine is not as good as yours, but my Photoshop skills are lacking. How did you do the text around the shield, side note I forgot what the logo was it's the Shield of the Trinity. What I did was use the ellipse tool and then the path selection tool to write the text around the circle. It was hard, but I like yours better. Is their a way to change the text around the circle? The reason for it, is that the text I used was the one they like and I am not sure how they would like this one that is around the circle. I really appreciate what you are doing for me. I just been overloaded at school getting ready for the SAT and my other classes. I also got a little more info about the original design it was first made over 60 years ago and had been dug up. I had a little trouble attaching my file.

Auieos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks. Yours is good too. I used Adobe Illustrator for the whole thing, no photoshop. It allows for a very liquid work flow, lets you alter things quite easily.
The text around the circle was outlined, i guess you could do it in photoshop by creating white or transparent text and stroke FX. I did the same as you where i created a circle and used the type on path tool to get circular text.
Can change the font applied on text around the shield, just let us know the font name.
Thanks for the info on the shield too, and now i know what all the goofy sounding words stand for. :P
Good luck with SAT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: