PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS5: Saving multiple layer styles at once?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

eendje01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: CS5: Saving multiple layer styles at once? Reply with quote

I am designing a website and have the mainpage pretty much ready. Now I would like to play with the layer styles a bit, mainly change the colors to see which match best.

Is there a way to 'save' all the layer styles at once, preferably in 1 combined 'style-icon' so I can quickly shift between this 'style-template' and the one(s) I am about to create?

The only way to do this now would be dragging all current layer together in 1 map, then duplicating this map (and all layers in it), playing with the colors of the layers in either one of those maps and then switch (in)visibility of the maps to see which is best.

However, it would be much easier (and keep the photoshop file a lot smaller) if I could just save the layer styles all at ones, or maybe even in different groups, so that I could see which groups match together, etc.

You get what I mean? I can only assume there should be somewhay to this somehow, as I believe many designers would need this somehow.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could try layer comps Layer Comp

eendje01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
You could try layer comps Layer Comp

Thanks a lot, exactly what I needed!

For others looking for more info on Layer comps, you can also check:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/photoshop/cs/using/WSfd1234e1c4b69f30ea53e41001031ab64-7870a.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: