PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Optimizing Animated GIFs for web
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

frieden70

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Optimizing Animated GIFs for web Reply with quote

Hey Gang,

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place, this is my first time here :).

Anyway, I was hoping that somebody could help me out with something.

I just learned how to create an animated GIF using Photoshop CS4 and now I'm trying to save it and load it to my site (I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to Photoshop. Whenever I need to do something, I just go to YouTube and find a video that shows me what I need to do).

Anyway, here's what I'm trying to do.

I have an image that I'm using as a landing page for one of my websites and in the bottom right corner of the image, I have another image (essentially a button with a few arrows pointing to it) that I'm trying to animate.

I'm able to create the animation without any problem. At this point, when I save the image for web, the file is about 190kb and I'd like to make the file smaller if at all possible just so it will load faster on the page.

Is there something that I can do to make the file smaller without losing quality?

I hope that makes sense...

Would love some help!

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: