PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Removing certain colors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

gvan1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Removing certain colors Reply with quote

hi everyone! Brand new member here, so excited to be apart of the photoshop community. Just a little background on myself, my name is Abe, I have been using photoshop (mostly cs3) for a couple years now. I am an intermediate user, but have many creative ideas, and am constantly on the prowl for more knowledge in using photoshop. I have a photograph that I have been trying to work with, and have hit a stumbling block. This particular photo was taken on a very sunny day, and I wanted a dark sky. So, I put in a dark sky, but I am having trouble getting rid of the blue along the edge of the horizon. It is really taking away from the full effect this piece is supposed to have. I have spent hours trying to solve this one problem for quit some time now. I have tried different selection techniques, replace color tool, selective color tool....I just don't know the most efficient way to get this done and make it look realistic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The Link for the photo in question is here.

Thanks,

Abe

Sean Dunn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Abe,

I would suggest selecting the foreground image and using the

select --> modify --> contract

and maybe contracting it by 1 or 2 pixels. Then apply a feather (also only a few pixels), select inverse and erase the top area manually.

Hope this helps.

renata

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a beautiful place to camp.

You could try clone stamping some of the bushes over the edge? Sort of "extend" the treeline up a bit...

Or clone stamp the sky above to be a bit lower?...

When you tried selections, did you try quick mask to get a very fine selection which you can put in a new layer to play with? Then try different blend modes on the new layer?

pash88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to select a color range? Select > Color Range. Then create a hue/saturation adjustment layer and desaturate your blueish colors. You will still need to do some cleanup around the tree on the right side after. But this shows you a good starting point.

pash88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: