PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
2 JPGs of identical width appear different width online
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

painterartist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: 2 JPGs of identical width appear different width online Reply with quote

Hi! I love this forum & have been finding great answers here for quite a while. Thanks so much to all that post! I'm having trouble searching out an answer to this one. I created 2 JPGs in photoshop. They are both 568 pixels wide, but one is longer than the other. When I view them online one appears much more narrow than the other - it seems to be forcing the full page into a single window so you can see the whole thing. Links to both images are below. Does anyone know how I might make the longer one stop shrinking to fit the screen? (incidentally the same thing happens when I send it via email). Any help would be MOST appreciated!

Here is the shorter one that is appearing correctly:
Code:
http://www.simonhomes.net/email%20docs/Lot%2034%20Mailing.jpg

Here is the longer one that is shrinking to fit the screen.
Code:
http://www.simonhomes.net/email%20docs/Double%20Points%20Mailing.jpg

jjochems78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong. But I don't think that it is a photoshop problem that is causing that issue. Websites will often change the size of the photo to make it fit into the screen. I think you'd have to modify the html on the website to make it not do that. To me the photo does not look narrower compared to the other one. Just smaller. Thats not a huge problem since when you hover your mouse over the picture and click on it, it blows up the image to the size that you intended it to be viewed at. The only thing you can do within photoshop to fix that is to resize the picture to the same dimensions at the other picture.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The width worked fine for me all i had to do was click the image to make it actual size.

firefox auto shinks images to fit inside the browser when they are not part of a webpage ie. http://blablah.com/image.jpg

Possible solution:

If you make a blank html with your image displayed in code it should stay proper width.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: