PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Printing Horizontal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

duart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Printing Horizontal Reply with quote

Since the last Mac update I can no longer print in a horizontal (landscape) format from the design I have created in CS4. If I turn it to a vertical (portrait) format it prints fine. But this is very annoying because I have never had this problem before and I'm wasting a lot of paper because I forget to switch it. I use a Xerox laser printer and the print window will show the correct landscape format, but the print comes out portrait and of course the image is cut off. I have talked to Xerox and after trying several things, they declared it a Photoshop problem. Then I talked to Apple and got the same response.
Thanks for your help.

Newguy99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This problems seems like a printer driver issue to me.

Did you make sure the printer and photoshop both had the settings for printing in lansscape?

duart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the settings have been checked out many times. The Photoshop file (art work) has been set in the landscape format sized 10.5" wide X 8" tall.(tried at 11" X 8.5" as well) The print window for the printer shows this same format. (at normal setting, at 'scale to fit'). Nothing seems to make it work properly and as I said before, ... the only change to my computer was a Mac upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: